Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Kids make it fun

Our family has a weekly chores list where it takes a whole week to clean the whole house.  We only do one or two rooms per day, unless there is an obvious need to add a room off-schedule.  On Tuesdays, we clean and organize our laundry room.  Part of the grand finale to this simple cleaning step is actually doing the laundry.  Samantha's job (my five year old) is to go to each room of the house and bring all dirty laundry to the laundry room.  Christina's job (my one year old) is to follow her big sister and pick up any stray pieces of laundry that fall from the piles in Samantha's arms.  They work diligently, and as a team I rarely have to go behind them to grab anything that they have forgotten.

This morning, I was in stitches with the scene.  Samantha is dragging a large white laundry basket which only barely fits in her arms.  She still prefers to drag it behind her, and I'm okay with that.  Since the basket is only partially filled, Christina's job is not necessary.  So, rather than picking up fallen laundry, she grabs a piece out of the laundry basket.  Unbeknownst to Samantha, she is dragging a basket of clean clothes that I didn't get to finish folding and putting away yesterday.  When they come around the corner, and meet me in the kitchen this is what I find:

Yep... she's wearing clean underwear around her neck and on her head.  Samantha is busy laughing at her little sister along with me, and Christina is looking at us with a "I don't get the joke" look.  I snapped a few pictures of the elder so she wouldn't feel left out.
What dolls!  I love my life, and these two are a large reason for that.  Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment