|A visual for why a simple question seems to take an eternity for me to answer.|
So if my "thought", according to this visual, is "Express Shipment: What to Pack", then my "sub thoughts" would include things like
- When will we get this shipment? (Estimated: December 17th)
- What will we be able to live without until that shipment arrives?
- How many pounds does an office chair weigh?
- How will I get clothes to Korea if I want them before December 17th?
- Just how many bags can I bring on the airplane per ticketed passenger?
- Will that number be enough?
- How many bags can I arrive in Korea with and still have Sweet Baboo excited to see us? (I tend to "over pack")
- What pots and pans should I send now so I have them for Christmas?
- How in the world will I cook Thanksgiving dinner without my kitchen?
And the list goes on. All for me to make decisions on how to "spend" 750 pounds of my stuff for this shipment. Here's what I came up with:
|Desktop, television, office chair, Wacom tablet, Big Al (my teddy bear) and Dog (my cat pillow). The freezer stays.|
|Two of the very few things that I'm packing, knowing full well that I'll only use it for 4 months in the entire tour. But I love these bowls that much!|
So here's hoping I didn't screw this decision up. And that when I get to Korea with 15 bags, each weighing under 100 pounds, I will still have an excited Sweet Baboo who will grin and load those suckers up in the tiny Korean vehicle to get us from the airport to our new apartment.